Even if you are having a working Paypal account (to deposit and pay online) anywhere in the world, not all countries are supported to withdraw money from Paypal to your Visa card or bank account. Oman also was in the list a few years ago. Now, PayPal support to receive and withdraw money in Oman, so now we can use PayPal in Oman to receive money from around the world and withdraw to our Visa debit or credit card issued by Oman banks.
I have lost many opportunities such as direct advertisers, PayPal donations, sponsored posts and earnings from money making programs without having the ability to withdraw PayPal support in Oman. The new change is really a piece of great news for me and I’m sure for most of the bloggers and entrepreneurs in Oman who are having blogs, websites and online business.
I highly advise you to provide valid details (Name, work address, house address, and bank details) while creating the account with PayPal. They may ask you some paper documents to prove your identity, address and bank details later. Make sure everything is correct and matching, otherwise you will be in trouble.
Yes, PayPal Support Receive & Withdraw Money in Oman
United Arab Emirates (UAE) was the closest country that PayPal was supporting this feature already. Now, Oman has joined in the same category to receive and withdraw money to Oman banks.
Oman is having award-winning local and international banks which support Visa credit and debit cards with internet banking facility, so I’m sure all users will go through the smooth transaction by this change.
To withdraw funds from Paypal to Oman account, we must attach a Visa card to the Paypal. I’m not sure whether the Master cards and direct bank accounts can be connected. Anyhow, I prefer to use the Visa card. To test it, we can get a pre-paid Visa cards from Oman banks attach to Paypal to make it more secure than connecting your main bank account or another main Visa debit/credit card.
Follow the steps to connect Oman bank cards to PayPal.
- Log in to your Paypal account and select ‘Wallet’.
- Click on ‘Link a credit card’.
- Here provide the correct details of your Visa card. I highly recommend that your bank Visa card address and the Paypal billing address match in this case. Paypal might ask for address proof later. Hence, make sure both are correct and by providing accurate details.
- Once you provided the proper details, PayPal will deduct $1 from your account with the code. You need to enter this code back to PayPal to verify this card. Once it is verified, your card is ready for use.
You can get the Paypal code from your online bank statement against the $1 deduction.
How to Withdraw Funds to your Visa Cards in Oman
- Once the card is verified and listed as ready to withdraw funds, click on ‘Transfer funds’.
- Select the card (If you have more verified cards) you want to withdraw funds and click Next.
- Here you can modify the amount you need to withdraw to your Oman Visa card.
- Click Next and complete the transaction.
How it Worked for Me so far?
At the moment, It is working smoothly with my Oman HSBC bank account. You should attach and verify your visa debit or credit card. While verifying, Paypal will charge around $1 with a code. This code can be viewed in your bank statement or online banking transaction history. Once you have entered the code and verified the visa card, Paypal will refund the $1.
These verified cards can be used to withdraw money from Paypal to your account. This method worked in HSBC, Standard Charted Bank, and Bank Sohar prepaid debit cards in Oman. I tried with NBO earlier but failed. Some of the local banks are still strict in attaching and using bank cards on the Internet. You may need to check with the bank before attaching the bank to Paypal.