One of my 2011 target is to get approval from Buysellads.com and try their service. As I planned, I got that approval first thing in new year. This doesn’t mean I got it in first attempt, several times they rejected. I have good experience with this network. Here, I point out how to get buysellads approval.
BuySellAds.com is the place where advertiser and publisher meet to buy and sell ads on websites. BuySellAds keeps 25% to 30% of your price and pay the balance to you.
Here is the nice journey with them, when I applied for my sub domain in December 2009, they approved it straight away, I was so happy. Later I rejoined this sub domain with root domain, applied again for root domain. This time they rejected, I wondered. Not one time, three times I tried, all failed. In 2011, I re applied with new theme, got approved.
What BuySellAds Check in a Blog or Website?
The above information you get when trying to submit a website or blog.
But in my experience and what I have seen on internet, approval is completely depending on them and its different for each one.
Here is the example, when I applied first time in December 2009, my blog did not meet 100K impressions per month and it was my first website so I didn’t have any good history, but it was approved. When I re applied after domains joined, it was rejected, but the traffic stats are well more than 100K.
If you check some other sites which got approval from Buysellads, they might have lesser than 100K.
With the last rejection from BSA( BuySellAds) , I requested for the reason. The reason they sent really surprised me.
My site was performing well more than 100K at this time and design was not that bad. The theme I was using is designed nicely to include 125×125 ads. I’m sure there are some poor designed sites approved by them. Anyhow, they have full rights on their decision.
Is Alexa and Google Page Rank really Considered here?
I don’t think this will be the main factor for approval from BSA. They do not mentioned it any where, and my site is with PR1 and Alexa rank still more than 100,000.
These factors may influence in getting advertisers to your ad slots.
What is Importance to Get BuySellAds Approval – Things to Check.
1) Make sure your blog is meeting their traffic requirements 100K ( or something around) monthly impressions.
2) If you have ‘Advertise’ page, add the latest traffic (Google Analytics data) report on this page. BSA may check this.
3) Share your Google Analytics data with their email address.
4) Your site is up to date and completed.
5) Your content category is not falling in their ‘blocked content’.
6) Design the site appearance with standard elements neatly. (Nice header, sidebar, menus, sizing and correct spacing)
7) Remove some of the ads (if you are using more ads already), specially from main BSA locations. For example Sidebar top, header top.
8.) Write correct description and tags about your website.
9) Make sure to have decent Alexa rank and Google Page Rank. I’m sure, if you are meeting the traffic requirements then these ranks will be good.
After completing above check lists your site will be approved definitely.
One more note, you are free to ask the reason for the rejection and re apply again with BSA
Share your experience, thoughts and more points to help others to get approval from BuySellAds.com.